Friday, October 5, 2012

Misty's Fiesta Rice

Pin It Now!
I'm not usually the "recipe" type. What I mean is, I usually don't measure anything before I toss it into the pan, pot, or oven. I'm sort of like Chef at Home's Michael Smith, only much less dreamy. So I will do my best to gather this info for you so you can experience this rice as well, because it was one of the most delicious food experiments I've ever had!

Sorry this picture is terrible, I took it before this blog came to be!


What You Will Need
2 cups of cooked white rice
1/2 a red pepper, chopped
1/2 any other colour pepper, chopped
1 small can of corn kernels, cooked
1/4 of an onion, chopped
1 or 2 chicken breasts, fully cooked however you wish (I boil it)
1/4 cup of hot sauce (I like Frank's), or less depending on preference
1/2 of a tablespoon of garlic salt (I usually just do this to taste)

optional
fresh ground pepper (to taste)
dried chili pepper flakes (to taste)
jalapeño (to taste)

Steps
1. Gather your ingredients. I'm counting on you guys knowing how to chop veggies, and cook corn, rice and chicken. You guys are pros, right? Awesome!

2. Shred your chicken. I do this using my fingers and/or two forks. If you do not know how to shred chicken, check out this awesome and easy tutorial. It's easiest to shred after boiling.

3. Toss the shredded chicken, corn, chopped peppers, chopped onion, and rice into a big wok, and place it over medium heat.

4. Add the hot sauce immediately and evenly stir it in, mixing thoroughly. Do this to taste. I use a lot, that's my preference.

5. Evenly sprinkle the garlic salt and mix it in. Add more if you wish. You can also add ground black pepper, jalapeño, or dried chili pepper flakes to add more flavour.

6. Once all of the ingredients have evenly heated up you can remove it from the heat!

7. ENJOY!


That's it. There is a lot of options in this recipe since I like to keep the heat and flavours up to each individual. If you follow the recipe (without the optional ingredients) it should come out with a sorta sweet but spicy flavour.

If you try this and like it please let me know!! Especially if you played with the ingredients and came up with something good. Toss me a comment below.

xo
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment